Sunday, July 28, 2013

Quarter-life Crisis

Well it's official. I am having a quarter-life crisis. I am 23 years old going on 24 and I just now finished my associates degree. I still work at Kroger like it's poppin' and that's it. My life couldn't be more exciting. When I started college I had a plan that I would be done when I was 21 and getting my bachelors by the time I was 24. A move and an episode of depression stopped that plan in its tracks lol. With two semesters worth of "fuck why did I not do better" stupid depression, I lost my financial aid. Sigh! I think that was the beginning of this cluster fuck...

What I saw in my life was my BA or BFA which ever degree by the time I was 24, Married around that time too, kids at 28-30. Living a good life. Yknow?

I am scared I am not going to be as successful as I hoped I would be. And this makes it so much more important that I do because I have type 1 diabetes. People probably have it worse than me, but I feel like complaining about my crappy life situation right now.

Even though the future seems grim, it's nice to have friends who know how to lift up my spirits. I am thankful for their encouraging words or hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment